Sunday, January 29, 2017

High five!

So the night I finally vow to everyone from my mother to the straining-to-be polite fitting and training technician lady that I'm FINALLY going to unpack and figure out and actually use my month-plus-old CPAP machine, my eight-good-day streak on the psychotropic that initially made me black out and rip up my face has ended.

Fuck.

I'm heartened that I haven't fallen into depression or anxiety, though those are things I know how to handle. Tonight I'm in a weird, unprecedented, floaty, dizzy, skin-hurty, face-touchy, eye-rolly, pig-grunty, unfocusy, shivery otherworld where gravity feels crooked and it's freezing hot and I should be asleep and I promised myself I'd limit my whiny bipolar shit on here but posting from the middle of the hurricane somehow helps me center myself and give me a record to look back on when I'm good to maybe help me to better anticipate and and ride out when I'm bad and even though my parents are upstairs and my sister's family is a mile and a half away and all of that is profoundly comforting and strengthening, talking about all of it in rambling detail in a public postwhere friends and strangers can read it or not read it or like it or ignore it or block itactually quells the confusion and fear and loneliness. I know it sounds dumb. I know it sounds Munchausen syndromy. But I also know it helps.

So in addition to my yes-I'm-still-wearing-it ulnar neuropathy arm splint and my perpetually bloody, Jell-O-y face scars and now my who-knows-what's-gonna-happen CPAP machine, I'm piling on my floaty, dizzy, skin-hurty, face-touchy, eye-rolly, pig-grunty, unfocusy, shivery, otherworldly, I-truly-feel-better-for-posting-about-ity psychotropic side effects and taking the best possible left-handed fight-the-man selfie I can with my compromised superpowers and crawling into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There Will Be Light

Next to Normal —a searing, brilliant, Pulitzer-winning rock opera examining the lives of a family whose mother is desperately struggling wit...